San Francisco DUI Attorney
Providing discreet and superior DUI defense for the discerning few since 1975.
If a DUI conviction is not an option; if a DUI conviction will destroy your life; then it is time to turn to a nationally recognized leader of the DUI Defense Bar—San Francisco DUI attorney, James Farragher Campbell.
Campbell & DeMetrick DUI Resources
The ABCs of DUI Defense: A guide for those arrested for DUI
by James Farragher Campbell, Esq.
DUI Reference Library
Selecting a DUI Defense Lawyer
The Right “Not to Testify”—Are You Penalized by the Jury?
What to do After a DUI Arrest
The Little Black Box
Under Surveillance Streets & Highways
DUI and Pilots
Ambien & Sonata: Dangers While Driving
The Jury Trial
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI), you could be facing loss of your driver's license, heavy fines, skyrocketing insurance rates, a tarnished record or reputation, even jail time. Obviously, this is an extremely serious situation that could negatively impact your job, your family, your future, everything you've worked towards your entire life. However, there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. By choosing a DUI Defense firm with a capable, knowledgeable DUI attorney with a proven, long-term track record of success, you can significantly increase the chances of getting your fines, charges, and DMV points reduced or dismissed.
The Law Office of Campbell & DeMetrick is committed to the fact that defense of a DUI case is a personal matter because each client and their case is unique. Therefore Mr. Campbell personally represents each client.
Don't risk conviction or your bright future by choosing just any DUI law firm that claims to be “the best”. You need — you deserve — a comprehensive DUI Defense with an experienced DUI Attorney and forensic specialists with a long-term track record of client service and success. You need Campbell & DeMetrick. When you retain our hardworking, highly experienced DUI Defense Team, you not only get representation by one of the most successful and respected DUI attorneys in the business, you also get support from our DMV specialists.
James Farragher Campbell: The DUI Attorney Whom Other DUI Attorneys Turn To for AdviceJames Campbell is one of the country's most successful DUI defense attorneys, and he has the credentials, peer reviews, and over 38 years of highly successful DUI representation to prove that he is the best, most qualified, and competent attorney you could hope to have working on your case. Here are just some of the qualifications that place him head-and-shoulders above the rest:
- Elected President of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers in 2007 — An exclusive society of the nation's best criminal attorneys, James Campbell has been a member of this invitation–only fellowship since 1987. Standards for acceptance include successful major felony trial experience and exceptional recommendations from distinguished jurists and current Fellows attesting to each of the candidate’s high ethics as well as their litigation skills in the area of criminal defense.
- Founding Member of the Board of Regents and Past Dean of the National College for DUI Defense
- Identified by San Francisco Magazine as Northern California's DUI Super Lawyer for three years running — From a pool of 50,000 Northern California attorneys, James Campbell was ranked by his peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics among the top 5% in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Lifetime Achievement Award recipient from the National College for DUI Defense — In recognition for his outstanding contributions to the DUI Defense field, James Campbell is one of only four attorneys ever to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from this prestigious college that is held on the Harvard Law School campus.
- Senior Council member of the College of Master Advocates and Barristers – Admission to this esteemed college is by invitation only to the select few who have proven track records in representing clients in court and who have objectively demonstrated their capabilities as trial attorneys. Membership includes a number of highly qualified and renowned DUI attorneys from several nations.
- SF DUI Lawyer, James Campbell, received membership by special invitation to The National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Trial attorneys in the State of California. Candidates are considered for membership in The National Trial Lawyers based on superior qualifications, leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile in the Trial Lawyer community.
- Highest possible rating on the Martindale–Hubbard Peer Review Rating System — Based on confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary, these ratings attest to an attorney's legal ability and professional ethics. San Francisco Bay Area DUI Attorney, James Campbell, ranks AV on the Martindale–Hubbard Peer Review Rating System, meaning his legal ability is ranked as “very high to preeminent” and his ethical standards are “very high”.
- Author of multiple legal reference books used by criminal defense attorneys — San Francisco DUI lawyer, James Campbell, has written or contributed to several books that are widely referenced by attorneys in preparation for a criminal trial. These include “Criminal Defense Techniques”, a 10–volume set with chapters specifically devoted to effective strategies for defense of drunk driving, and “Defense of Speeding, Reckless Driving, and Vehicular Homicide”, a three-volume set that covers step–by–step defense procedures, from pretrial preparation through trial, including discovery, motions to suppress, and jury instructions.
- For a more comprehensive list of credentials, affiliations, and appearances, please click here
WARNING! You only have 10 days from the date of your DUI arrest to request a hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles. If you refused the test or were charged with refusing the test you face a possible suspension of your license for one or more years. Likewise, if you submitted to a test which yields a result of .08% or above, you can also be suspended for 4 months to 3 years. Contact our office immediately for assistance.